Six new apps in one day by Dan Thornton

Absolute Radio has launched a whopping six new applications , across four platforms including Nokia, Blackberry and social networks.

The Absolute Radio Player for Nokia handsets

The Absolute Radio Player for Nokia handsets

The new Absolute Radio Player is available from the Nokia Ovi Store for S60 3rd edition phones including models such as the N95 and N95 8GB. And there is also a Blackberry version available for the 8800 and Blackberry Bold models.

absoluteplayerarlogo

The Absolute Radio Player for Blackberry

We’re also launching a new online application, the iAmp Widget, which allows you to embed and share Absolute Radio, Absolute Classic Rock, Absolute 80s and dabbl on your favourite social network, or on your own website. Options include resizing the widget to fit your blog or page, and there are a huge number of easy sharing options via email, social networks, and social bookmarking sites. And if you’re rather email it, you can easily import your contacts from your Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or AOL account.

The Absolute Radio iAmp Widget

The Absolute Radio iAmp Widget

We’re also pleased to launch iPhone iAmp applications dedicated to Absolute 80s, Absolute Classic Rock (launching shortly)  and dabbl as we continue our plans to enable you to listen to our stations wherever you might be at the time.

The Absolute 80s iAmp for iPhone

The Absolute 80s iAmp for iPhone

This continues our commitment to ensuring that you can enjoy our great content on whichever platform you choose.

Comments (21)

1. Marty from new yawk @ February 11, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

I have downloaded the Absolute 80s and dabbl apps to my iphone.
    Thank you.

2. Pete @ February 12, 2010 at 9:43 am | Permalink

this App is superb – I’m using it on my Blackberry Curve 8900 (no issues) – best app I have found for the Blackberry so far. Absolute 80′s Superb!
    THANK YOU!

3. Nick @ February 12, 2010 at 11:16 am | Permalink

Aha! An application for BlackBerry! Tremendous news!

Less tremendous is the news that this doesn’t seem to be compatible with the BlackBerry Bold 9700 (BlackBerry App World won’t let me download it). Has the application just not been tested with a 9700 or does it genuinely not work?

Am more than happy to try it out for you if it’s possible to download it another way – get in touch if it’d be useful to you.

4. Dan Thornton @ February 12, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Hi,
    Many thanks for the comments. Regarding the BlackBerry Bold 9700 – the application has been tested and does work on the 9700. Unfortunately there was a slight error in distribution settings and we’re just resolving this now for the app to be available for download via BlackBerry App World as soon as possible…

5. Helen @ February 28, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

I am using the Absolute app on my Blackberry 9700 although will only work if I have my wifi switched on. Can anyone shed any light?

6. Yemi @ March 9, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

I can’t download. I successfully downloaded (and I’m currently enjoying it) on my Nokis N97. But there’e no way I can get it on my BlackBerry. It takes me to AppWorld and I’m told my region isn’t supported.

I’m in Lagos, Nigeria. My BB model is BlackBerry 9000 (Bold). Please help. Thank you.

7. Mick Bailey @ March 9, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

I too am having the annoying issue of not being able to stream the station unless i am connected to wifi which is silly as when im in a wifi area, i have my radio, laptop and TV all with Absolute Radio on and have no need to have it on my phone! Please help me resolve this issue!

8. Dan Thornton @ March 10, 2010 at 9:43 am | Permalink

Hi,
    Sorry to hear you’re having data connection issues (The good news is connecting via wifi shows it’s a data issue rather than a bug!). The solution which seems to work in most cases is to enter your APN settings on the BlackBerry handset, which are available from your mobile operator, and this should solve the problem. If not, then please do get in touch with me and we’ll investigate further to solve it as quickly as possible.

9. mick bailey @ March 10, 2010 at 10:36 am | Permalink

I’ve contacted orange and they have provided me with some APN setting for their orange internet which should in theory make it work! Only problem is that I subscribe to the unlimited blackberry data plan and if I use the orange settings I will be charged for the data! I need an access point for blackberrys data plan but this doesn’t seem to exist! Very frustrating! I may have to get Moodio instead or Nobex…

…Can you help any further?

10. Dan Thornton @ March 10, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

Hi,
    I certainly can – probably the best method would be to get some more details and I’ll investigate on your behalf. Could you email me at dan.thornton at absoluteradio.co.uk?

11. John R @ March 14, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

I’m having problems with the BB app as well.

I’ve dropped you an email with the error, Dan. Hopefully it’s something simple!

12. Mick Bailey @ March 22, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

I think all that can be done has been done and there are no solutions. Ive spoke with Orange, Blackberry and Absolute and this app will not work if you are on Orange, have a blackberrry data plan and are not in a wifi area! It will not connect to a 3G connection alone! Gutted!

13. Nick W - Bucks UK @ March 29, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Brilliant app! Got Classic Rock running on my 9700 on Orange while I type!! Clear as a bell!!

14. Dan Thornton @ March 31, 2010 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Cheers Nick – glad you like it!

We’re still investigating the issues with different data plans – the main issue for some users is that they’ve got a data plan designed for business use.

15. Mick Bailey @ March 31, 2010 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Nick, can i ask, do you have the unlimited Blackberry data package or the unlimited orange data package? Also are you connecting via a wifi connection or a stand alone 3G connection?

16. mick bailey @ March 31, 2010 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Sorry Dan I sound like a right moaning git!

17. Dan Thornton @ April 1, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Hi Mick,
    No you don’t – it’s nice to know you like Absolute Radio enough to care and persevere! I’ll keep working on finding a solution for you, and we’ll get there as soon as we can!

18. Ciarán @ August 25, 2010 at 11:34 am | Permalink

Hi there,
    I have a Nokia N97 on Orange with unlimited data, and I’m also unable to get Absolute 80s to connect on it. Interestingly, a German radio station who use the same app, works fine.
    Is there anything I can do, or do Orange just block this traffic?
    Cheers

19. Richard Boot @ September 9, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Can I receive absolute 90s on the iphone app, only seems to be 80s at the minute?

20. Dan Thornton @ September 9, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Not yet….but watch this space…

21. Kenny Barclay @ May 21, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Hello Dan

Loving Absolute 80s and I am lucky enough to have a car with a DAB radio, just like a few others struggling to get it to work on my Blackberry 8900, on the Orange BB data plan. I know a while back you were trying to get a solution, any joy yet?

many thanks Kenny