Absolute Radio main station also adds 227,000 listeners with highest audience since December 2008.
- Absolute Radio main station posts increase in listeners of 227,000 taking it to 1.8 million, up (+10.8%) Yr on Yr and (+14.7%) Qtr on Qtr – the highest in four years.
- Absolute Radio Network sees increase in listeners to 3.3 million, up (+17.2%) Yr on Yr, and up (+12.0 %) Qtr on Qtr. Reach is now the highest for 11 years
- The Christian O’Connell Breakfast Show sees massive increase of 228,000 taking it to 1.4 million listeners, up (+17.3%) Yr on Yr and (+19.8%) Qtr on Qtr. This leap in audience has also driven the shows market share in London ahead of BBC Radio 1, Heart London, Magic 105.4 and Kiss 100 taking it to the number two commercial breakfast show in London **
- Absolute Radio 90s, Absolute 80s and Absolute Radio 00s all posted increases in audiences Yr on Yr, with Absolute Radio 90s posting its best ever listening figures at 436,000, up (+25.3%) Yr on Yr.
- The Absolute Radio Network continues to lead the way in digital listening with 75.9% of listening via a digital platform, compared to an industry average of 33.0%.
The Absolute Radio main station has further grown its audience by 227,000 listeners, an increase of (+14.7%) Qtr on Qtr and (+10.8%) Yr on Yr. This takes it to 1.8 million listeners, its highest ever in since December 2008.
The Christian O’Connell Breakfast Show has also grown its audience by 228,000 listeners, up (+19.8%) Qtr on Qtr and (+17.3%) Yr on Yr.
Within the stations’ family of digital brands, Absolute Radio 90s an increase of (+25.3%) year on year to a record 436,000 listeners. Absolute Radio 80s also demonstrated solid growth, with listeners up (+7.2%) Yr on Yr to 888,000 listeners. In addition, Absolute Radio 00s posted and increase of (+7.2%) Yr on Yr and (+4.2%) on the Qtr.
From spring, Tony Moorey, Content Director, assumes greater responsibility for all programming and content output
across the Absolute Radio Network.
Source: RAJAR / Ipsos – MORI / RSMB, period ending December 2012, all stations and groups results are reported on their specified reporting period and TSA.
*The business, which rebranded to Absolute Radio in 2008 has been broadcasting from One Golden Square since April 1993. The last time its network reach matched 3.3m was 11 years ago in 2001.
**Based on actual show times: Absolute Radio – 0600-1000, Heart London – 0600-0900, Magic 105.4 – 0500-0900 and Kiss 100 – 0600-0900.